INVESTING IN A GREENER WORLD
Vantage GreenX Fund Advisors (Pty) Limited established Vantage GreenX Note I in 2013 (Note I), and in 2017 established Vantage GreenX Note II (Note II). Both Note I and Note II are funds which invest in energy and South African renewable energy projects that exhibit stable cash flows and strong defensive characteristics.
GreenX Note I and II provide investors with exposure to South African renewable energy projects through investments in the senior and subordinated debt in projects that form a part of a carefully selected portfolio. GreenX has gone about carefully selecting a portfolio of assets to ensure Fund performance in accordance with its mandate. This objective is achieved through careful consideration of the following key factors (inter alia):
- The underlying sponsor and construction entities
- The technology and track record thereof
- The geography of each particular project
- The social and environmental contributions of the project.
GreenX seeks to capitalise on three major economic trends:
- The continued commitment of the South African government to reducing the country’s carbon footprint through the extended rollout of a renewable energy program,
- The requirement that the majority of funding for these projects originates from local banks in ZAR, and the foreseeable requirement for increased liquidity in the market going forward due to forthcoming statutory requirements such as Basel III, and
- The expansion of African infrastructure, in particular energy infrastructure, to support sustainable economic growth on the continent.